Many people around the world have sleep disorders. They are many different kinds the can affect each person differently. Some have mild awakening at different intervals throughout the night. Others have insomniac conditions that cause many different problems for individuals such as adding extra anxiety, fatigue, and stress to their life. Whatever sleep disorder you have, the significance of it on your life can be detrimental. Many find that staring at the walls at night is extremely frustrating. This is an easy reminder to those each night that suffer from a sleep disorder.
The medical community has several ways to treat these disorders. Treatments include sleeping pills, therapy, and exercises. For some, these methods don’t work as an effective treatment option. Many of these users are now turning to marijuana to cure sleep disorders.
Dr. William O’Shaughnessy conducted a research study in the 19th century. He wanted to know if marijuana increases the number of hours that a patient sleeps. His study found that the patients that were suffering from insomnia as well as other sleep disorders improved with marijuana. He also found that marijuana was an effective medicine in regulating the sleep ailments.
Sleep disorders can have a significant effect on an individual’s life. It has also been fatal in cases where the disorder was not cured or addressed. Sleep disorders can result in relentless stress, depression, anxiety, fatigue. This can lead to more serious acute ailments. Marijuana is known to be one of the most effective remedies for sleep disorders. The potency and strain of the cannabis also plays a role in how marijuana will effectively treat one’s sleep disorder. Marijuana is a healthy safe remedy for sleep disorders. This is compared to the numerous sleeping pills and sleep inducing drugs that have serious side effects which can include death. This is why many health professionals are now prescribing marijuana to their patients with sleep disorders.
These are the marijuana compounds that help with sleep disorders.
- THC= This is a strain that works at changing sleep disorders. Many users find that it induces sleep by regulating sleep patterns. This is done by achieving a deep, stress-free sleep. It can help one void sleep interruptions in the night as well as nightmares.
- Cannabinol= 5x more effective at treating sleep disorders than THC. It’s an effective sleep inducer, which allows individuals to sleep through the night.
- Dronabinol= Helps with reducing sleep apnea through regulating the person’s breathing patterns while sleeping.
There marijuana strains help with sleep disorders.
- Indica= Is an aromatic compound know as terpene aids in reducing sleep disorders by inducing a deep, relaxing sleep.
- Hybrids= Mix of Sativa and Indica have been known to also be effective with certain types of sleep disorders. The help in reducing rapid eye movement during sleep. This effectively aids an individual with disturbed sleep patterns.