Cannabidiol Uses & Legality Within The US

What is Cannabidiol, CBD?

Most every weed smoker has heard the term THC or Tetrahydrocannabidiol, the active chemical found within cannabis. THC is the active ingredient that gives the user a “high” feeling from consuming cannabis. However, many users are unaware of the very useful ingredient CBD, Cannabidiol, which is another key ingredient, or cannabinoid, found in marijuana. CBD has many medical benefits like THC. These are just a few cannabinoids found in the cannabis plants.


How is CBD useful to people medically?

Cannabidiol is medically useful in many ways, for example, acting as an antiemetic to reduce nausea and vomiting. CBD is also used as an anticonvulsant by suppressing and reducing seizure activity. CBD is also commonly used for an antipsychotic used for psychosis disorders. CBD is a great anti-inflammatory since it acts as an anti-inflammatory for wounds. It is used as an antioxidant for neurodegenerative disorders. Other uses for CBD include antitumor and anti-cancer effects which fight tumors and cancerous cells. CBD also acts as an antidepressant which helps users with daily depression and anxiety. CBD is a versatile cannabinoid found in cannabis.

CBD useful to people medically

What is the difference between THC & CBD?

CBD is one of approximately sixty compounds found within cannabis that belong to a class of molecules called cannabinoids. Of these compounds, THC and CBD are the most commonly found in marijuana, therefore they are studied most often. Depending on the strain of cannabis, the levels of CBD and THC can vary drastically. Marijuana grown for medical consumption use usually tends to be higher in THC due to the euphoric feeling it gives the user. CBD does not create the effects that the cannabinoid THC does when consuming cannabis. The cannabinoid, CBD, also has a higher medicinal benefit than its counterpart THC. One can separate the two cannabinoids from cannabis by a process referred to as roto-vaporization.

Is CBD legal in the United States?

The legality of CBD in the United States has changed over the years in varying states. The current status of CBD within the US and still states that CBD is illegal and is a schedule one drug, schedule two drug in Canada; similar to marijuana. On the other hand, the US FDA recently approved the trial use of pharmaceutical CBD for children with rare forms of epilepsy. The drug is manufactured by GW Pharmaceuticals and is called Epidiolex. The drug has zero THC content but is approximately 98% CBD and the other 2% is cannabinoids. There is currently another drug called Sativex which has been approved in twenty four countries for treating multiple sclerosis. There has been a patent awarded to the US Health & Human Services in 2003 to approve the use of CBD for patients with neurodegenerative and inflammatory disorders. CBD is illegal federally within the United States. Even with all the incredible benefits that it produces medically, physically, and mentally only time will tell when the day will come where CBD will be federally legal within the United States.

List of U.S. state

If you are a medical cannabis patient in California, you can check out a selection of great CBD products at

1 review

  1. Ethan wWilson, June 2, 2018 10:19 am - Cannabidiol Uses & Legality Within The US

    I actually love this website, keep on it. Thank you for giving everyone an extremely memorable chance to read articles from this post.

       -   Log in to reply

Your Comments


Suscribe for free E-book

Want to learn How to Grow Cannabis Indoors?

To download our free E-book "How to Grow Cannabis Indoors" please click here.